Tuesday, September 22, 2009

StudyPod



 


**Note- if you are reading this review on Facebook, please click the link at the bottom of the post to be taken to the original blog entry. **



What in the world??? What is a StudyPod you ask? In my head what I am thinking of is some kind of "egg" like from "Mork and Mindy". However, I couldn't be further from the truth. What it is, is a very nifty invention, that I have actually been dreaming about for a least the last year and a half. As I write our monthly homeschool newsletter, and I have to copy type from a piece of paper into a word document, I would bend over and read, and then type, and then bend over and read.. and boy I was wishing I could have something that held up my papers for me at eye level.


Enter StudyPod, it is a "book" stand that you can use for books or even papers. I have used it for both.



StudyPod was "developed by a teacher, the STUDYPOD provides students with a great and simple way to improve their studying. It holds textbooks & study sheets upright at a comfortable level (similar to the angle of your computer screen) helping to maximize  a student's focus.  It holds virtually any textbook wide open freeing hands for writing, typing.."



In the above photo, you can see the STUDYPOD in both it's positions, the open and ready position. And then also in it's "storage" or portable" position. When it is closed it measures 6.75" x 8.875" x 1.25", which makes it very easily transported to the library or class.  And you are able to store it on the bookshelf, right along with the books you will be using it with!




Inside the STUDYPOD, there is a handy pocket to hold all of your supplies needed for a study session! Which helps when you are going to be using the STUDYPOD on the go or even tot'n your stuff to another room.



The STUDYPOD has become a valuable member of our homeschool! We have used it to prop up illustrations we are studying as a group. I have used it while I cook, and as I mentioned at the top, it has been invaluable as I work on our monthly newsletter!


STUDYPOD is available in Black, Blue and Pink, Or you can purchase a BOOKPOD, which is the same product targeting a different audience, which comes in Black, Grey and Beige. 


You can order both the STUDYPOD and BOOKPOD from their website. They sell for $19.95 each, however, if you buy 2 or more they are $16.95 each. You can mix and match the BOOKPOD and the STUDYPOD to take advantage of this offer. And the makers of the STUDYPOD, have been so kind to give our readers a $5 off coupon. Use code TOSBLOG5 when placing an order. 


Please visit the Crew Blog to see what the other crew members have to say about this product.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment