Thursday, October 29, 2009

Christian Music

We are a ver conservative Christian family. We strive to do all we can to live a modest and godly life. And in this world, that can sometimes be quite difficult.


I am not a seamstress, which means we must search for clothes we deem appropriate. In this time of Hannah Montana and baggy clothes, not to mention the provactive clothing they try to sell preteen and teen girls this is not easy to accomplish. It is, however, well worth the effort.


Another area where we are quite conservative is our music choices. Many years ago, I had made the decision that we would listen to  conservative Christian Music primarily. We would not listen to the radio, we would purchase the music we would like to listen to, and we would make sure that it was God honoring, and not worldy in nature.


I have seen a difference in myself after switching over to conservative Christian music. I also see a difference in my kids. They were small when I made the choice. And now that they are teens, I can see that they do not fall into many of the same traps I see other young people fall into. Not to mention some of the traps I fell into as a young person. And they love the music that we listen to. Actually, they request it. It is on theri Ipods and MP3 players! On our family trip to Disneyworld, they each had headphones listening to the music of their choice... conserative Christian music!


We now have an awesome resource at our fingertips!


Our church has established an internet radio site. Please visit http://www.lancasterbaptist.org/internet-radio.asp to find 24 hour God honoring Christian Music!  This amazing resource if FREE!!! I pray that your family will be blessed by this  new ministry!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment