Sunday, February 7, 2010

Math Tutor DVD

This is my second year as a crew mate on The TOS Homeschool Crew. On my first voyage with the crew, I had the privilege of reviewing Math Tutor DVD.com (you can read that review here) and once again I have been given the opportunity to review a product by Math Tutor DVD.com.
 
I was sent a a free copy of Young Minds Numbers and Counting to review. Now, I have been a fan of Mathtutordvd.com since before I was a member of the crew, so I was thrilled to hear that we would have another opportunity to look at one of their products.



 
Most of DVD's are of Jason Gibson teaching math concepts in front of a white board. As you can see from the photo above this DVD is nothing of the sort.


This DVD is designed for the preschooler. It blends beautiful classical music pieces, with stunning photography and adds in counting up to the number 10. There is repetition of counting, which helps to reinforce what they are learning.

There are also bonus features on the DVD. Dot-to-Dot which shows an incomplete photo and then dots. The child visually follows along while the photo is completed, which is yet another way to reinforce their counting skills up to 10. Also in that section you will find a puzzle section. In this section, they divide the screen in several sections using puzzle shapes, as they count each section is 'removed' to reveal the picture below.

My kids are all much too old for this product, however, I really enjoyed watching it through. I liked that fact that there was beautiful classical music throughout the entire DVD. There are countless studies that link listening to classical music with improving math abilities. Here the two are married beautifully.

If you have a preschooler, this would be one DVD you wouldn't mind watching over and over.... and over!

You can order you copy of Young Mind Numbers and Counting for $19.99.

If you are saying to yourself, that's great, but I no loner have a preschooler! Well, I would encourage you to visit MathTutorDVD.com. Where their tagline is Math Help, Algebra Help, Calculus Help, Physics Help and everything in between!   I have been using MathTutorDVD.com for several years in my home. Since math is not my strong point, these DVD's have helped me teach my children when I get stuck! We pop in the DVD and away we go. He explains the concepts, and works through many practice problems. MathTutorDVD.com has been invaluable in our home. Please check them out to see if they will benefit yours!

Please visit the crew blog to see what my crew mates  have to say about this awesome product!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment