Saturday, May 1, 2010

TOS Crew: Ideal Curriculum




We are now pulling into the port of call known as Ideal Curriculum. What is Ideal Curriculum you ask? Ideal Curriculum offer all inclusive Preschool/Kindergarten Curriculum Here is how the describe themselves;
  
At Ideal Curriculum we're passionate about educating children. We are constantly researching the best, most effective ways to teach, so that we can provide you with up-to-date information, how-to's and products.

Let me start by saying this is not a curriculum that I could use. It is a preschool curriculum and my youngest child is 10 years old. So this review is based on my opinion after looking through the program.

What were we sent? I was sent a free monthly kit, ( I received Month 1, transportation) for the purpose of this review. This was a via a file to download. When purchasing the kits, you have the choice of the print version of the download version. The download includes, Teacher manuals, music files, print files, read files and overview and introduction. I listened to all the music files and reviewed all of the material.

Who would benefit from this program? If you are brand new to homeschooling, and have absolutely no idea how to teach your young child, this may be a good fit for you. It explains step by step how to instruct the child.
The kids would probably enjoy the music files.

However, I must note, that this does not match how I would teach my young children. It seems very cold and disjointed. Much of what they have put together I feel like you could put together on your own from the library and the internet at a fraction of the cost.  However, again, if you are brand new to homeschooling and have no idea where to start with your very young child, Ideal Curriculum, definitely will map out the course for you.

You can purchase kits monthly, the download is available to $30. The print version is available for $55. You can order 3 months at a time for $85.50 and you can order 9 months for $240. As of the posting of this review, only the individual print versions are available for all the months. And the Month 1 download. May and June of 2010 are listed as release dates.

Please visit the crew blog to see what my crew mates are saying about Ideal Curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment