Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Goings On at Creative Learners!

I had made a decision to post e very day, or close to it. Well, that just has not happened.


I am sure I am not the only one who has a habit of making grand plans... but at times ( more often than I would care to admit) I lack follow through!


This week we had a great Mom's Night Out with our local homeschool group. We discussed Home Educating your Special Needs Child. It was a great time of fellowship and exchange of ideas! Not to mention, the delicious chocolate fountain our host provided!


In addition to that I have been battling tooth pain since November. Waiting for our new insurance to kick in. We finally have the insurance and I was able to get in. The verdict??? 3 wisdom teeth need to be pulled. They pulled 2 yesterday... and the last one will be pulled in a couple of weeks after I heal.


I am now thankful for the healing pain that I have. Though, it does slow me down a bit. Not quite as productive as I would like to be!


However, the high point of my week, is happening tonight. The Maxwell Family, from www.titus2.com, the creators of The Mangers of their Home are speaking locally. So, tonight, along with a few other homeschool mom's we are headed down to LA to see them.


It ought to be adventure. Southern California is having one of our largest rain storms in recent years. We even had snow yesterday!


I am looking forward to a night of great fellowship and a time of learning. I look forward to coming back and sharing with you all, some of what I have gleaned from this mini conference!


Happy Homeschooling!


No comments:

Post a Comment