Monday, January 11, 2010

Jean Welles Worship Guitar



As part of the The Homeschool Crew I was given a complimentary Jean Welles Worship Guitar Class Volume One DVD in order to give my honest opinion.

I was excited to see that I had been chosen to participate in this review. I have a son who has wanted to learn how to play the guitar for quite some time now. He is currently taking piano lessons, and there was no possible way for us to afford both. So when I saw this I was thrilled!

We pulled out a guitar that we have had for about 20 years, replaced the strings, and were all set to set out on the journey of learning how to play the guitar.

When I saw that there were seven lessons on the DVD, I thought, "wow, this probably isn't gong to take very long.".. Oh my word, was I wrong.

On this DVD, you will learn the parts of the guitar, how to tune the guitar, how to hold the guitar, how to read chord charts, as well as the strumming patterns for  8 songs.

My son is the one really using this program, however, I have also fiddled with it as I wanted to have some first hand experience with it, in order to write this review.

We are moving a little slower through it than I had thought. Which is fine. You can move at your own pace with this program. So that is a benefit. For me, I feel like I am tone deaf. Now, I don't know that I actually am. However, I have been struggling with knowing whether or not I am actually doing it correctly. As, I can't seem to tell if the tones match. She says that will improve with practice.  I would highly recommend that you purchase a tuning instrument. We have yet to do that, so that may be part of our problem. We are tuning the guitar to itself, but not quite sure if we got it spot on!

There was only one downside that my son saw, it is this... he is accustom to having his piano teacher right there, helping make corrections. So, he misses that. He would really much rather have someone in the same room, to help him, rather than leaving it up to himself to see if he is doing what she says correctly.

My nephew, has never wanted to take lessons. He did not want to learn with anyone, I think this program would be perfect for him, or a child like him. It would allow the student room to make mistakes and room to grow, without having to take lessons from someone.

In time, once we are able to purchase the tuning instrument, and the more time my son spends with this program, I believe he will pick up all that she is teaching.  When using the DVD along with the accompanying book, everything you need to learn the guitar is included.

Jean Welles does a very nice job and explaining what you are doing and how to do it. She slows down the pace to really help people like me! Who have zero music experience.

I really like the fact that she brings it all back to the Lord. Throughout the book that accompanies the DVD there are scripture verses. That point you in the direction of the Lord!

When you visit her site you will find a 5 minute free demo video explaining the Worship Guitar Class, including excerpts from the videos.  You will also be able to sign up for a newsletter and have them send you a free e-book of guitar playing tips and chord chart.

So how much will this cost you? Level One is $29.95, this is for the DVD and Book. Or you can purchase all 4 levels plus the full size book for $119.80.
They also offer a 30-day money back guarantee.

Please visit www.worshipguitarclass.com to see all that they have available for you.

And please visit the crew blog to see what my crew-mates think about this product!

Have a truly blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment