Wednesday, October 6, 2010

For What Are You Thankful For??

You know, as we walk through this life, so often, we are so wrapped up in our own little world that we really don't even take the time to see the world we are living in.

The problems of the world and circumstances of life can keep us from seeing the gifts that each day bring us. Which leads me to this question....

For what are you thankful for? While there are many things that are a challenge in my life, at this very moment, there are far many more things, for which I am thankful. I thought I might share a few of them here...

  • I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and His free gift of salvation!

  • I am thankful for my 5 beautiful children!

  • I am thankful the Lord has given me the opportunity to home educate them for the last 10 years.

  • I am thankful that no matter our circumstances over the years, God has provided a way for us to continue to homeschool.

  • I am thankful for an awesome church and church family!

  • I am thankful for children who love the Lord and long to live a good life!

  • I am thankful for a family that loves and supports me, no matter what!

  • I am thankful that JR has not had a seizure in over a year!

  • I am thankful that Sybrina is healing and able to leave the hospital!

  • I am thankful for the awesome homeschool group that I am privileged to serve and be a part of!

  • I am thankful for The Homeschool Crew!

  • I am thankful for the new opportunities the Lord has laid at my feet!


And believe it or not, I could go on, and on, and on! I have heard it said, the best way to change our attitude, is to have an attitude of gratitude! The children and I have started a new  'assignment' every morning.  As part of our family devotion time, we are listing at least 5 things that we are thankful for.  It is amazing the difference it makes in your attitude towards your day changes when you  are thankful for the gifts you have received.

So what is it that you are thankful for? Please share them in the comments below!

Have a wonderful gratitude filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment