Monday, April 4, 2011

TOS Crew: Go Go Kabongo

Go Go Kabongo is an online program for young children, ages 4-7, designed to equip them with the skills needed to successfully learn how to read.  As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, we were given a membership and asked to give our honest opinion.

My children are older than this age range, however, my youngest is 11, and struggling with dyslexia, so we thought we would be able to give this a go!

First lets get the business out of the way, what does Go Go Kabongo have to offer?

Launch Reading Skills with Online Brain Games Kids Love!


There are 3 habitats for the children to explore, play and learn. Each and every time they achieve the desired outcome of a game, they earn a sticker. These stickers are collected in the 'comic book maker' area, where the children can create a printable comic book! This proved to be a great incentive for my daughter.


The graph below shows you what your children will be learning in each of the habitats.




 

 

An aspect that I love, is that I am emailed a progress report of how my child is doing within the game. It will tell me what level she has achieved for each game inside each of the habitats.

My daughter, enjoyed making her own avatar, and making the comic books. She also enjoyed the games, though she did feel they were a bit too easy. Which is good, since they were designed for 4-7 years old!

If you have a preschooler - 2nd grader, then this would be a good fit for your family! And the best part, it is AFFORDABLE!!!

You can play with two habitiats for free with additional habitats available for $4.95. You can find membership info here.

 

And don't forget to visit the crew blog, to see what my crew mates have to see about GoGo Kabongo.

No comments:

Post a Comment